Meeker School District
Main Number 970-878-9040
Fax Number 970-878-3682
Superintendent - Chris Selle
Finance Director/Manager – Janelle Urista
Human Resource Director – Jessica Browning
Coordinator of Academics - Mark Meyer
Monday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Main Number 970-878-9050
Principal – Kathy Collins
Head Secretary – Meredith Deming
Asst Sec/Para – Stefanie Nielsen
|Barone Middle School
Main Number 970-878-9060
Principal – Jim Hanks
Head Secretary – Marci Nielsen
|Meeker High School
Main Number 970-878-9070
Principal – Amy Chinn
Head Secretary – Mandi Etheridge
Counselor - Trina Smith
Athletic Director - Klark Kindler
|Meeker School District Food Service
Main Number 970-878-9090
Director – Cindy Nelson
|Meeker School District
Main Number 970-878-9095
Director - Steve Tobin
|Meeker School District Transportation
Main Number 970-878-9080
Director – Roy Wedding
Mechanic – Vaughn Moodie
|In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, the Meeker School District does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates.|
RFP Questions: Updated 11-02-2015
- Are you looking to expand your existing Wi-Fi network or upgrade the system completely? We are replacing our existing Wi-Fi network.
- What are you currently using for WLAN ? We have a mix of Cisco, Meraki, and Ubiquity WAP’s.
- Floor Plans : We are putting one WAP in every room which equates to our required 70 WAP’s. At this point we are not looking at reducing that number.
- Materials of Buildings (Cinder block, drywall) or environment (Open Space, Cubicles, Offices): As with any school building we have a mix of all the above.
- Estimated users and devices/device type: We have 600+ students and 100+ staff members. We also host community events. Devices range from Smart phones, ipads, laptops, ipods, cameras, PC’s and Chromebooks.
- How many AP’s does the project currently have: 70
- Indoor/outdoor: All indoor.
- How many buildings are you looking to install Wi-Fi in: Four buildings.
- Any sort of Initiatives? (guest access, 1:1, BYOD, Online testing): We allow guest access. We are moving towards a 1:1 but current funding restricts that program. We use Chromebooks for most of our online testing.
- What is the project timeframe: Proposal’s due in December. Decision will be made in Early 2016. Pending erate approval and funding equipment will be purchased as early as June 2016.
- Has the project been budgeted: The non-erate portion of the budget has been budgeted.
- What are the biggest area of concern/why: User experience must be exceptional.
- General network layout: We have four primary buildings connected by 10gb fiber links. We have a 150mb internet link. We have Cisco and Amer network switches and a Cisco ASA router. We are using a Lightspeed content filter. We have about 130+ Windows 7 PC’s, 150+ Chromebooks (this will be increasing significantly next year probably around 400), we also allow BYOD (Phones, laptops, and other devices).
- RFP States 2x2 MIMO: This was in error, please assume 2x2 or better. We’d like to see 3x3 or better.
- Mixed equipment vendors: We will consider any mix of manufactures between switches, WAPS, and controllers (if needed) for the bidding process
Meeker School District
Request for Proposal-Wireless Access Points
Free and Reduced Lunch and Fee Links
Sports Physicals will be held at Pioneer's Medical Center free of charge on August 6 and August 11, 2015 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. Please fill out attached Physical Form and Signature Form before arriving for physical.
Thank you to Pioneer's Center for offering this free clinic to our student athletes!!!
Starting Time EndingTime
High School 7:50 a.m. 3:50 p.m.
Middle School 7:55 a.m. 3:45 p.m.
Elementary 8:00 a.m. 3:40 p.m.
Kindergarten Morning 8.00 a.m. 11:15 a.m.
Afternoon 12:25 p.m. 3:40 p.m.
Pre-School Morning 8:00 a.m. 11:00 p.m.
Afternoon 12:40 p.m. 3:40 p.m.
ACTIVITY FEES FOR 2015-2016 SCHOOL YEAR
Activity Participation High School $75.00/sport
Middle School $40.00/sport
Computer Lab Fees High School $25.00/year
Middle School $15.00/year
Band Rental Fee High School $40.00/year
Middle School $40.00/year
Students eligible for free lunch will be granted a 100% waiver.
Students eligible for reduced lunch will be a granted a 50% waiver.
Obtain applications from School Offices or at link above.